Wholesale gas trading in Australia revolves around formal markets, centred on hubs and operated by market operators, and informal B2B markets for supply and transportation of gas from sources of supply to the gas hubs.
The Australian Energy Market Operator (source: www.aemo.com.au/Gas) operates the Retail and Wholesale Gas Markets in South-East Australia, and the Victorian Gas Declared Transmission System.
REMCo (www.remco.net.au) is the gas retail market operator responsible for the administration and development of the Western Australian gas retail market.
AEMO operates the Gas Short Term Trading Market (STTM), which is a wholesale market system designed to facilitate Short Term Gas trading driven by daily prices. The STTM currently operates in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
In Victoria, a wholesale gas market involves trading around injections/withdrawals from the transmission system linking producers, major users and retailers.
Most of these gas markets are based on bilateral arrangements between producers, major users and retailers linked together through pipeline hubs connecting gas fields to gas consumers.
Participants in these markets must:
- Identify gas supply or demand requirements
- Procure supply of gas and transportation, through both formal and informal (B2B) market methods
- Optimise contract and network topography for commercial benefit
- Capture and settle complex trades.
Product Solutions offered for Gas markets
EnergyOne Trading offers out-of-the-box functionality for the capture and settlement of gas trades in all markets, as well as bilateral contracts of complexity.
EnergyFlow is our automation platform that facilitates reliable, auditable automation of gas market trading operations. Using the library of tools, users are able to automate business workflows for, amongst other things:
- Automate gas Bid preparation from diverse data sources (weather, 3rd party applications, Excel spreadsheets)
- Calculate nominations using the built-in algorithm tools
- Submit B2B nominations via a wide variety of B2B methods (web, FTP, fax), all from one system
- Calculate complex settlements, issue invoices, integrate with billing systems
- Track documents, emails, faxes, acknowledgements and invoices conveniently and easily
- Maintain a full audit trail of data and transaction changes for future settlement, reconciliation and audit purposes.
EnergyFlow represents a development in the:
- Reduction of workload for wholesale market operations teams
- Reliable, auditable automation of what is a complex, time consuming set of processes
- Reduction of risk for the business
- Improve reporting and achieve seamless integration with other in-house (e.g ERP), or market (e.g AEMO)or information (e.g. BOM) systems
Wallumbilla Gas Supply Hub Map
Click here to Download a high resolution PDF of Wallumbilla Gas Supply Hub.
Electricity wholesale markets across the globe are complex and sophisticated…
Wholesale gas trading in Australia revolves around formal markets…
A broad range of environmental and carbon trading obligations exist…
Geo Markets Served
Energy One has proven products and capabilities specifically for the needs….